A couple of weeks ago, the Statesman reviewed Austin's progress in distributing the 2006 affordable housing bond money. To date, Austin has distributed about $11.8 million of the $55 million we voters approved.
- Apartments in South Austin for people with disabilities;
- Energy-efficient homes in East Austin;
- A Habitat for Humanity subdivision in Northeast Austin;
- The purchase and renovation of a single home for a 50 year old woman with disabilities;
- Efficiency apartments for the homeless
- Buying down affordability in a mixed-use project on South Lamar.
- A children's shelter.